Saturday, November 10, 2007

Guacamole and Frozen Margarita

There are so many guacamole recipes out there that it gets confusing. I have tried guacamole with corn, with roasted tomatillos etc. But I keep coming back to the basic recipe. I think the basic one works great with a Margarita without overpowering it. Don't forget the chips.

This recipe is from Epicurious. I've made some changes to it from time to time. For one thing, I love cilantro, so I always add a little bit to the original recipe. Sometimes I roast some corn and add it in for a smoky taste. If you like heat, you can also add some peppers or hot sauce.

If you can't serve right away cover the guacamole with plastic wrap making sure the wrap is touching the top of the guacamole. I have tried putting the pits in them but it doesn't seem to help prevent the browning.

And since a Margarita is a must, I've also added a basic Frozen Margarita recipe. Enjoy!!

GUACAMOLE

Ingredients:
2 plum tomatoes
2 firm-ripe Avocados
2 tablespoons minced red onion
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 or 2 teaspoon minced garlic

Directions:
Quarter tomatoes, discarding seeds, and chop. Halve and pit avocados. Scoop avocado flesh into a bowl and mash. Stir in tomatoes, remaining ingredients, and salt and pepper to taste.

Makes about 2 cups.

FROZEN MARGARITA

Ingredients:
1 jigger (1 1/2 ounces) tequila
1 jigger (1 1/2 ounces) fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon superfine granulated sugar
1 pony (1 ounce) Triple Sec or Cointreau
5 ice cubes

Directions:
Rub the rim of an old-fashioned glass with a cut lime and dip it in salt to lightly coat it. Chill the glass. In a blender, blend the ingredients, including the ice cubes, for 30 seconds. Pour into the glass.

Serves 1

No comments:

Search box

 
Mr. Rebates