Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Mixed Green Salad with Citrus Dressing

I have been cleaning up my Martha Stewart collection, and I ran into this great dressing which you can use with any green salad that you like. It's a simple recipe, but from time to time, I need to be reminded what went into the dressing and how much. You can certainly change the amounts to see which combination you like best. To me the base recipe helps me get started with the experimenting:)

You can add to the ingredients, such as nuts, cheeses, radishes, meats etc and make this a much richer salad. To me, this is my tasty diet salad:)

MIXED GREEN SALAD WITH CITRUS DRESSING

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon minced shallot
2 teaspoons white-wine vinegar
Coarse salt and ground pepper
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 bunch (8 ounces) arugula, stemmed (7 to 8 cups)
4 ounces frisée, torn into bite-size pieces (4 cups)
1 small head (4 ounces) radicchio, torn into bite-size pieces (4 cups)

Directions:
Combine juice, honey, shallot, and vinegar in a blender; season with salt and pepper. Purée until smooth. With motor running, add oil in a steady stream until emulsified.

In a large bowl, toss arugula, frisée, and radicchio with dressing; season with more salt and pepper. Serve immediately.

Makes 4 servings

No comments:

Search box

 
Mr. Rebates