Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Charred Red Onion and Balsamic Vinegar White Beans

I watched Emeril prepare this on TV; it looked very easy to prepare and had ingredients that I like, so I had to try it.

It's really tasty warm, but I think it really gets better if you let it marinade and let it get cold. Give it a try both ways.

I used canned beans, skipped the parsley because I'm not crazy about it and added cold tomatoes after the dish cooled down. It became a great side dish salad with the meatballs I had prepared. Yummy:)


CHARRED RED ONION AND BALSAMIC VINEGAR WHITE BEANS

Ingredients:
1 large red onion, sliced
1/2-inch thick and grilled
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup red wine
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
3 cups white beans, cooked
2 tablespoons sliced green onions
1 tablespoon parsley

Directions:
To a hot, dry saute pan, add onions and char for 2 minutes. Add olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Continue to saute for 3 minutes.

Deglaze the pan with red wine and balsamic vinegar. Add the white beans and saute for 5 minutes. Check for seasoning.

Finish with green onions and parsley and mix well.

Makes 4 servings

No comments:

Search box

 
Mr. Rebates